STOP error problems - 0x00000001

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jeronkey, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jeronkey

Jeronkey Private E-2

Hey,

A friend of mine's laptop started giving a little bit of trouble today. The problem seems to be a random BSOD.

Unfortunately I can't exactly give in depth information on the problem as of yet as they don't stay close enough to me for me to get to them just anytime I want. At the moment I've got the STOP error code they wrote down and that is about it. I've told them to keep using their laptop as normal for now and phone me as soon as they get another BSOD to let me know the information displayed.

This is the code:
    0x00000001 (0x00000000754A2E09 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000FFFF 0000, 0xFFFFF88004931CAD)

Can anyone give any support or information based on the above? Feel free to request more information and I will do my best to get it here as soon as I can. It may take a few days while going between my friend up until I can get my hands on the laptop myself.

Thanks

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Is it Windows Vista? Get ready for a possible LONG diagnosis because this can be heat, memory or hard drive errors and you need to WAIT for the error every time you try something.

Cleaning it out can help with heat as well as checking fan speeds or noise.
    Memory takes hours to scan so sometimes you can pull a stick or two to see if it stops.
    Hard drives can easily be scanned for errors.

Otherwise if it is Vista, I found this at Microsoft:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...00000001/88fb4f30-68db-46ee-a249-f4475f1d2740

Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds