Stop Error Screen- Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf8a0e528, 0xc0000034....

Discussion in 'Software' started by a little lost, Aug 25, 2008.

1. a little lost

a little lost Private E-2

I have been searching for the past 4 days on how to fix my computer and cant seem to find anything that helps me. Here is play by play of what i did...

My Lime Wire Pro was not working so i uninstalled and reinstalled to try to fix it, it still wouldn't work so i took the program completely off and downloaded the regular Lime Wire, i downloaded a few songs one of which was a virus but my anti-virus caught it and removed it before it had a chance to completely download. Everything was working fine afterwards until i shut my computer down and went to turn it on the next morning which is when i got the first blue screen. That basically told me to remove any newly installed software so i went into the F8 screen and started windows in safe mode, removed lime wire and ran the anti-virus and spy bot...nothing was found. I then restarted and it brought me to another blue screen. I have tried everything i can possibly think of. I have tried ALL of the windows advanced options F8, F2 and F12 and nothing will let me get into windows.

This is EXACTLY what the blue screen says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8A0E528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    [/SIZE]

I have not installed any new hard drives or anything. The only thing that was newly installed was lime wire and a few updates like Windows and iTunes. I have not ran CHKDSK /F yet because i do not know how to do it. I really need help and all helpful information will be GREATLY appreciated. Also, i do not have any of the discs that came with the computer and i do not have access to a cd/dvd burner.

AND JUST IN CASE.....
    The computer that is not working is a Dell Dimension 3000 and is about 4 years old.

2. help girl in distress

help girl in distress Private E-2

I have kinda the same problem, if you look for my thread in the software forum, some of the advice that has been given to me maybe relavent to you the thread is called "help!!! please!!! by girl in distress , hope that maybe helps.x

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you can't boot into windows, you have no windows CD and you have no cd/dvd drive, I rally don't see how you can atempt to repir the computer.

This explains how to run CHKDSK / from within windows
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2052292_run-chkdsk-f-windows-xp.html

If you had an XP CD, and a CD drive, you could attempt a repair of windows by booting from the XP CD.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

IIRC, the /F switch no longer works with Windows XP. It is built into the /R switch. /R is better anyway as it performs a complete scan and repair/recovery. How to do it? You must have your XP install disc or you must have installed the recovery console at some point. If you have neither, you're dead in the water. If you have one or the other, boot up and enter the recovery console (if you use the CD, you'd press 'R' at the first screen where it says "Press 'r' to repair a Windows installation"). Once in the recovery console the exact command would be chkdsk C: /r and you'd press Enter. CHKDSK can take very long time to complete, like over 8 hours in some cases, so be patient. You may think it has locked up, it hasn't. You might see the percentage counter actually count backwards, don't worry, it does that sometimes and it's totally normal. When it's done, type exit and press Enter to reboot. When you type the chkdsk command, be sure there's a space before and after the C: or else the command won't work. Good luck! Keep us posted!

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

YIKES! You mean the computer shoots up an error message and resolution
    that no longer works!
    On reading through, the OP doesn't mention what version of windows. Does the f switch work on older versions?

6. risingTide

risingTide Private E-2

Not to dig up an old thread...but my problems are EXACTLY the same as the person's below. Exact same STOP error and it's on a Dell (8600). So far I've managed to use the recovery console to run chkdsk /r but i still get the same error whenever I boot. Also note that I cannot get into any sort of Safe Mode.

Any ideas on what to do if chkdsk /r didn't help?

Thanks so much!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds