Stop Launching programs from tray at start up

Discussion in 'Software' started by LindaJH, Nov 1, 2007.

1. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

Where can I go to (or how do I) stop a program from being loaded into my system tray and launching at start up?

Thanks
    Linda

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

i asume you are using xp. click on start then click on run. type in " msconfig " then ok. then select startup. just uncheck the programms you dont want to load then apply and ok.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. samtal

samtal Corporal

I stop any startup programs by using ccleaner.

tools/startup/delete any unwanted startup program.

This only removes it from startup. You can still run when wanted.

4. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

Thank you wildwolf220. Yes I'm using XP Home, sorry I forgot to specify that. Your instructions worked fine. I stumbled around a bit with the resulting dialog box until I figured out to click on the box saying to run normally.
    Thanks Again for your help.
    Linda

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

your welcome Linda. be careful with the programms you are stopping from loading on start up. Because the startup loads drivers and some programs you may need, if your not sure just ask and someone will be glad to help you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds