Stop mouse from waking pc from standby mode.

Discussion in 'Software' started by pompste, Oct 18, 2006.

1. pompste

pompste Private First Class

Hi,i have windows xp PROFESSIONAL.
    I can`t find a setting anywhere that will stop the PS2 mouse from waking my pc from standby mode.I`ve been into the control panel,checked all settings under the mouse heading as well as accessibility options and not a setting to be found anywhere.
    What`s really strange is that on our second computer which runs windows xp HOME,there IS a setting to stop the mouse from waking the pc from standby mode under one of the headings listed above----why would there be a setting for it on the HOME edition and not a setting for it on the PROFESSIONAL edition?
    Perhaps there is a bios or registry setting that might fix it,i don`t know.
    Any help will be appreciated-----the slightest mouse movement wakes the pc and we want to put a stop to it.

2. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

It's there I think...control panel/mouse/hardware tab/properties/power management tab...see the checkbox. Good luck.

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

...actually its control panel/printers and other hardware/...then mouse.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds