Strange encoding in time format?

Discussion in 'Software' started by yeeha, Feb 16, 2008.

1. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

I was wondering if anyone could provide a suggestion on what type of software would cause the token <CDSI> to appear after the AM/PM designators in the time settings found under Regional and Language Encodings in XP?

If none exists, I can only assume it was erroneously tweaked by a tech.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. yeeha

double post

4. yeeha

That was one of my first guesses, as our offices frequently use PBX systems, however one of our lead developers feels this is unlikely. In his words:

"It seems unreasonable that any software should mandate that token be included in the time format since it’s likely to have side effects on a lot of other software."

Obviously, though, he is speaking of well-developed commercial software, not malware, freeware, or any hacks somebody might have come up with.

Any further comments or suggestions would be most welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds