Strange font issue only in certain windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by Teesio, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Teesio

Teesio Private E-2

Hi,

A colleague of mine has had an annoying problem on his PC for a while now and we can't seem to find a solution to it.

The machine he uses is a Dell Precision 470 workstation with 1GB memory, 160GB sata HDD, and 1x Intel Xeon 3.2GHz cpu. It was originally bought as a Solidworks (3D CAD) workstation, but has been drafted into other uses along the way.

Onto the problem. In certain windows the font seems to be corrupt (See attached pdf's in the zip file). As you can see from the pdf's some of the message is legible and the other part isn't. The two programs where this happens are Solidworks and Corel Draw. Both programs have been uninstalled and reinstalled using either the uninstaller that came with the program or windows' own Add/Remove feature. CCleaner was used before reinstallation to see if there were any issues, which there didn't appear to be any.

The weird thing is that I run an identical machine, albeit without Corel and the problem doesn't occur.

I don't have a lot of experience with fonts, so all we have done is do a side by side comparison of the fonts on my machine and my colleagues machine using the windows character map.

This problem is not a show stopper, but is pretty annoying as you can imagine.

As this is a work machine, a solution without any registry editing would be preferred, but I acknowledge this is not always possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Teesio

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds