Strange graphical glitch happening in games

Discussion in 'Software' started by Caruu, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Caruu

Caruu Private E-2

Hi,

I've been encountering some disheartening problems lately within two video games that I sometimes find time off my work to play. In both Left 4 dead and Counter-strike: Source. I keep getting a graphical glitch after awhile, I've included a picture of what I see.
    [​IMG]

I've never encountered this problem before as long as I've had my computer.
    I did some driver updates for everything on my computer but it still didn't fix the problem. I also put in new RAM sticks to see if that fixed it, but no.
    I've checked the temp on the entire computer and added extra fans all over to cool it extra down but the same problems occur regardless. So I am at my wits end.
    By minimizing and maximizing the games seems to do the trick for 4-5 seconds until it goes bad again.
    I got 2gb ram, windows xp, Quad core processor, 2x geforce 8800 GTX SLI

Thank you for your time.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Latest graphics drivers? Have you tried reinstalling them? Does the game fully support SLI?

3. NetHazard

NetHazard Private E-2

Last time I saw this was with an old ATI 9700 graphics card, that was on it's way to the grave. Replaced my card and it did the trick. Probably not what you wanted to hear and it might not even be the case. Just my experience.

4. Caruu

Caruu Private E-2

I think it is the graphic card dieing. It ain't much fun that's for sure, I had computer lockups happening everytime i tried to enter a game or anything related to graphical interfaces. By disabling SLI it never happened again. I'll try a different SLI bridge but if it happens again, I guess I would need a pint...

thanks for the help though, much appreciated :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds