Strange Keyboard behaviour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Khabarakh, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Khabarakh

Khabarakh Private E-2

ok, recently i took my dell inspiron 6k apart to fix a broken key on my keyboard. so its fixed, but I have a new issue. my right arrow key has decided to become n or b/[sbpace][minimize window]. very strange. HOWEVER. when i remove the keyboard from its happy little laptop housing, and just hold it in my hands, its perfectly fine. VERY STRANGE. how can this be, its the weirdest thing ive ever encountered with a keyboard.now i shall press right arrow ten times to show you. keep in mind it minimizes after every keystroke. bn/ bbbbbbn/ bbn/ b

thanks in advance ~Kasiban~

2. Khabarakh

Khabarakh Private E-2

anyone? annnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyonnnne? ive been waiting for 2 weeks. comon.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sorry, Khabarakh, I can't think of anything that would explain it working outside the case. It sounds like you still have sticky keys on the bottom two rows of your keyboard. Best I can suggest is taking it apart again and gently cleaning both mats. When putting it back together pay precise attention to placement of both the thin plastic mat and the rubbery one with raised bumps(look for any notches or other clues that help place them exactly). I realize it is not easy juggling all the parts, unfortunately laptop keyboards aren't a dime a dozen like full size ones.

The minimizing shortcut is Windows logo key and M key. You are getting lots of B's and N's....How the right arrow comes into play I don't know. But, again, I would pay attention to the bottom two rows and if any slippage of mats is necessary let it occur higher in the keyboard and see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds