Strange Messenger Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by AnneMD, May 21, 2008.

1. AnneMD

AnneMD Private E-2

Hi

I'm having a problem starting Windows Live Messenger. The login box appears on the screen for about a second then disappears. I have uninstalled and resinstalled several times. I thought I could load Yahoo instead but it seems that every time I go to a website with the Word "Messenger" in it, the page closes! I've loaded Firefox as I thought it might be an Internet Explorer problem but the same thing happens. Anyone have any ideas please??

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.

Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

Click Start, then Run, and enter the following: regsvr32 softpub.dll then click OK.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds