Strange Printing Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by ruggb, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ruggb

ruggb Private E-2

one of my computers has this problem.
    All r configured the same way.
    W7, one user, **Admin**, on C drive
    All other users on D drive
    All systems r up to date.
    Network printer hard wired to router.
    All have the same printer drivers installed.
    I believe the following symptoms r correct, but I may have missed something.
    It is all very confusing.

Logged on as a std or admin user (not **Admin**) When I try to print from this one, from Word, Excel, Outlook, Wordpad, or a PDF file the job flashes in the print queue for 1/2 sec and nothing happens - no print. Any TXT file will print. JPEG files will print from MSO OIS or Windows Picture Viewer. If I try the same thing from the **Admin** user all the files print. When the files print, they show in the print queue for 3-5 sec.

If I change **ALL** the font in the file I am trying to print to Caslon.... the file will print. This includes XLSX files. There r a few fonts I can use that will print. I have not figured out how to get PDFs to print. If there is ONE character that is, say, Times New Roman it will not print.

DOCX & PDF files just don't print.
    Printing an email from Outlook - I get an error that the printer isn't ready
    Printing from Excel I get an error that points to a network issue, a cable issue or driver == basically the printer isn't ready..

Printer driver has been reinstalled 4 times.
    MSO has been reinstalled.
    Again, this problem does not exist on the other systems.
    I prefer not to have to reinstall W7 for what appears to be a registry issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds