Strange problem - Second IE window won't

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlakeW2, Apr 17, 2005.

1. BlakeW2

BlakeW2 Private E-2

open. If I click a link or right click a link to open it in another window, the window will open but remains completely blank both in the address bar and the window itself.

Anyone have an idea what this could be due to? I ran all of my spyware stuff and checked the registry and Hijack This log, but nothing unusual has shown up. No unusual processes running that I can tell.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try this:

1. Quit all programs that are running.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

• Shdocvw.dll
    • Msjava.dll
    • Actxprxy.dll
    • Oleaut32.dll
    • Mshtml.dll
    • Browseui.dll
    • Shell32.dll

Let us know.

Steve

3. BlakeW2

BlakeW2 Private E-2

It worked! Running the Mshtml.dll fixed the problem. Thanks a bunch for the problem. Should have come straight here for the solution because you guys have all the answers!

Still wondering why it happened in the first place, but not complaining now that it's back!

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Good deal, and thank's for the MG's compliment. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds