Strange problem with IE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BravoNiner, Jan 13, 2006.

1. BravoNiner

BravoNiner Private E-2

Well, I have been having this problem for some time and can not figure it out. The problem is that, at times, certain graphics, ads, and pages won't be displayed.

For the graphics, some of them will have a missing space with an x in the top left hand, as if the graphics does not exist. For the ads and similar types, it will not be displayed and, instead, an "Action Canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you..."

Finally, for some pages, the page will just not be displayed. You get the usually error "The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable..." It only occurs in rare instances; it seems to be related to page redirects. For example, if I go to one of the ad listings in google, I always get that error.

I have the feeling that these are all related since they all occured at the same time. I ran Spybot, Ad-aware, and Microsoft Antispyware but that did not fix the problem and I am unaware of what actually started this problem. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

possible things to check when images are missing in pages http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

a fair amount of the time its popup blockers, blocking page data.. if you use any turn them off and see if the missing images/links work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds