strange problem with my graphic card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by modemaged, Oct 28, 2015.

1. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

Hey all I hope anyone help me with this strange problem fast :(
    Yesterday day I was playing call of duty black ops 2 it's not a new game so it should be working fine as I have Amd sapphire R9 270x I bought it from just maybe a year and half and it was working fine until yesterday when suddenly the game lagged and my pc shoed lines in white colour all over the screen then I restarted and the same lines begin to show up again and disappear while normal browsing with different colors and my pc showed "amd display card has stopped and recovered"
    Then I restarted and opened any game my pc freezed again then when I restarted it freezed giving black sreen I decided not to restart and wait after a long time my windows 8 showed error and said to search in the internet about
    IRQAL_ NOT_Equal-or-less
    And then I couldn't access to my computer I installed new windows 8 and now green lines are all over my screen and when I try to install the amd driver my pc frezzes in black screen with no response I tried to clean my pc from any dust or anything and nothing changed is my graphic card dead or is there a way to fix this :(

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You failed to mention the brand and model of computer. We also don't know how the monitor is attached to the computer.

Have you disabled/removed the card and used the onboard graphics? What happens?

3. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

I can't remember very well because I saved my pc build in a text document and I can't access to my pc now
    Cpu:intel core I5 3470
    Ram : 8 gb r.g skills
    Motherboard:Gigabyte B75
    Graphic card: amd sapphire r9 270x 2 gb duel-x
    Monitor: samsung 24 hd connected to my pc with hdmi cable
    Psu:Therlmalke 530w

And I sent my graphic card to the place I bought they said they will check it but now my pc is not even working in any monitor with both hdmi or vga cables and I don't know what is this problem :(

4. plodr

So you turn the computer on and you see nothing?
    Do you hear any beeps?
    Do any lights come on like hard drive?
    Are the fans spinning?

5. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

Yeah everything is just normal there is no beebs
    And all the fans are spinning normally

6. plodr

Well if the screen remains black with the video card in and the video card out and you never see a logo or a key to push to get into setup then the onboard graphics chip, assuming the board has one is dead and the video card you sent back is dead.

It is worth trying a new and different video card just to see if you can get a display.

7. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

NO ! The pc was working fine with the video card but there was green lines and dots everywhere and my pc freezes while opening a game or even a video and when I restarted it I could only access using the safe mode and then when I removed the video card there was no display ? ( I tried to run my pc and another one in the same time then I connected the monitor to my pc and there was no display then connected it to the other pc and it worked fine with display )

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. plodr

Are you asking me or telling me? If you are stating this is what happened, why the question mark at the end of the sentence?
    Obviously if the monitor gives an image on another pc, then the monitor and monitor cable and power cord going to monitor are not the problem.

So it boils down to: do you have an onboard video chip? If not, that would explain why you see nothing.
    If you do have a video chip and see nothing then that chip is bad.

In order to fix it yourself, you'll need to buy another video card and see what happens.

If you don't want to fix it yourself, take it somewhere and have them troubleshoot the video problem.
    That's all the further we can go on a forum to help you.

9. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

What if no beeb even after removing the ram ?

10. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Do you get any beeps with all RAM removed and everything but the CPU disconnected from the motherboard (Hard Drive(s), CD/DVD etc) ?
    If not, then the problem is likely with the motherboard.

11. modemaged

modemaged Private E-2

What about the psu I think that it may be from it because everything was working perfectly ?
    Should I try another one ?

12. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

If you have another power supply, it certainly won't hurt to try it.

13. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

The error code in your first post is software related. Boot into "Safe Mode" and uninstall ALL graphics drivers and software.

For reference:

Error Message:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Explanation:

This Stop message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address to which it did not have permission to access. The most common cause of this error is an incorrect or corrupted pointer that references an incorrect location in memory. A pointer is a variable used by a program to refer to a block of memory. If the variable has an incorrect value in it, the program tries to access memory that it should not. When this occurs in a user-mode application, it generates an access violation. When it occurs in kernel mode, it generates a STOP 0x0000000A message. If you encounter this error while upgrading to a newer version of Windows, it might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

14. plodr

the_mechanic, the first post is irrelevant because by post #5, nothing is showing on the screen - ever.
    It's impossible to do anything if there is no display.
    That's why I told him to try another graphics card.

15. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

This board has integrated graphics onboard.

I'm still trying to figure from the posts if the card was pulled and the monitor was connected to the rear panel ports proper. This is supposed to be an extremely durable board, at least according to Gigabyte.

I would pull the graphics card, and use a known good power supply to test the system. Undervoltage conditions can cause the conditions described. The 530 watt supply is below the recommended 600 watt minimum.

I'd lean towards a 750 minimum. Going 125 to 150% of the minimum is just good practice IMHO...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds