Strange symbols

Discussion in 'Software' started by geekygirl, Dec 14, 2004.

1. geekygirl

geekygirl Private E-2

Hi everyone.

Hope you can help me. My PC is displaying strange symbols on the start button (bottom left hand side), and also along the taskbar when a window is minimized. Also when I click on start the symbols are besides the icons in the start menu. They look a bit greek in language or mathematical perhaps. Could it be a virus? I've scanned with AVG and I do get a message stating it is a trojan smiley central which cannot be removed. Also the font has become very much smaller than usual and bold in colour.

:rolleyes:

Would be grateful of any ideas!

geekygirl xxx

2. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

attach a screen shot of your desktop with your star menu and what other items you are reffering also displayed
    Taking Screenshots

If you believe to be infected run through the Sticky
    READ ME FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT: Basic Spyware, Trojan And Virus Removal:
    and through this before attaching a log(this will show you how)
    NO HIJACK THIS LOG FILES BEFORE READING THIS: HJT Tutorial & LOG File Posting:
    Note that your HijackThis should be up-to-date (v1.98.2) and MUST be extracted to its own safe folder - C:\Program Files\HijackThis! Please do this!!!

If you need a Fresh Download of HJT, get it HERE: HijackThis 1.98.2

then post a new thread in the Spyware Specific forum

thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds