Stream Video over the internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jrstark79, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jrstark79

Jrstark79 Private E-2

I'm wondering if it is possible to stream video from my personal PC's to a friends over the internet. Would it be possible to give them a playlist to select from?
    We both have VLC 1.1.7. I've read some info regarding this and using VLC, the article was much older, but I'm a newb kinda so leads on how to accomplish this would be much appreciated. If you have time maybe some links to research this learn about this ect. Thanks again!

J

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

3. Jrstark79

Jrstark79 Private E-2

Thank you I have tried that walkthrough and several others that I have good but the newest walkthrough is like 2006 and is for a much older version of VLC. I'll continue to plug away, was looking for a quicker solution, if I find anything I'll post it here for others to refer to as well

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds