Stuck in blue screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TopsyTourny, May 29, 2006.

1. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

I have been working on eliminating malware. I followed your instructions and have successfully downloaded all your diagnostics tools, etc.

My problem is, I went into safe mode using msconfig, and when my computer boots back up, it goes into blue screen...and now I'm stuck there.

I cant boot in normal mode....help!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You got into safe mode through Msconfig? That's unusual. (Although diagnostic startup sounds similar) Here's the normal procedure for accessing safe mode:

1. Power on the computer
    2. Tap F8 until you see the Boot Options Menu
    3. Select Safe Mode
    4. Press enter

This should take you into safe mode, where we can undo the changes made in msconfig. I'm betting that you've selected dignostic or selective startup, and need to switch back to Normal startup.

3. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

it's what I was instructed to do by chaslan???? As opposed to using F8, he said this was a better way. But now I'm stuck. How do I get back to normal boot?

4. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

I'm sorry, I cannot boot into safe mode, when I try I get a blue screen.

And now I can't get back into normal boot!

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

When you tap F8 at bootdo you get the select startup menu,safe mode,diagnostic,normal ect.,if so have you tried booting into normal mode :confused:

6. Rikky

Triple post urgh

7. Rikky

D post

8. BCGray

BCGray Guest

In the past post on Malware removal your said
    Private E-2

Default Re: PC So slow!
    ok, now i'm in a mess....the link on rebooting in safe mode, by symentec recommended rebooting in safe mode from msconfig...so I did. When i boot in safe mode i get a blue screen. And since i changed it in msconfig, now i can't get it to boot in normal mode! help...how do I get out of blue screen?

Seems Symantec told you to go to "Safe Mode" not our guru of Malware, think MG is also waiting for the afore mention donation you promised there.

As to your problem you should be able to get to "Safe Mode" on rebooting by tapping F8 right after you turn on the power, then go to "msconfig", and change the option you checked on "Symantec's advice"

TopsyTourny it pays at MG to be concise with what you post here:)

9. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

yes and yes....when I tap F8 I do get the select start up menu....and it will not let me boot in normal mode.

10. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

I've been concise, thank you.....

The link the guru sent me was what i CLICKED on....and you tell me where the heck the donation click is....i'll make it.

It shouldn't affect how my problem is addressed, but if, however, it does...point me in the right direction. PFC!

11. TopsyTourny

TopsyTourny Private E-2

AND i can't change the option, it was done in msconfig in reg mode...i can't get back there...but thanks private!

12. Rikky

Just got your PM No problem:) ,so the registry is stopping you getting into windows,to get round this follow this guide it isnt as complex as it looks,it will set your registry settings back to normal,it just takes a little time to do,you will need an XP disk to do this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds