Stuck in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by nightwin, Jan 26, 2007.

1. nightwin

nightwin Private E-2

I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with Windows Me pre-installed. I do have the original restore disk.

I don't have system restore currently available.

Everything was fine when I turned off a few night ago, but when I booted back up, it's boots up in safe mode only. I tried hitting F8 and tried Normal, Boot Log, and step by step confirmation, but it still keeps on starting in safe mode. Also, in safe mode, my mouse will not work.

I ran check disk, with automatically fix errors, and shut down in normal mode, but it still keeps coming up in safe mode.

I have AntVir Anti VIrus, and Zone Alarm Free Firewall.

Is there a way to boot from the original disk, and repair the windows system without restoring the entire drive.

Help is needed urgently, because I have a couple websites to update.

Thanks

The Gambling Cowboy

URL removed. They are not allowed in signatures for a reason. Repeat offenses will result in a ban.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  2. shattered.likeness

shattered.likeness Private E-2

Have you tried going to Run..
    type in msconfig
    click on the boot tab
    unclick safe boot.

just a shot in the dark

3. nightwin

nightwin Private E-2

That's what I was going to try when I get home. I also went to the malware sites and downloaded the programs and instructions listed their. I will put them on a cd. I think I remember a while back that a friend had problems with opening windows, and I created a bootable CD for Windows and had some of the programs from the malware list. I will also give that a try.

I am still curious if I am able to partition the hard drive into two drives without erasing the windows system I already have.

4. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Sure, there many programs which can do that. Most of them, such as Partition Magic & Paragon Partition Manager, cost money. However, there are several freeware programs here at M.G. in the Drive Utilities section which might work for you.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads8.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds