Stuck In Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chuck Floyd, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Chuck Floyd

Chuck Floyd Private E-2

My laptop runs XP and it will not get out of safe mode no matter what I try. I have tried everything including System Restores and nothing is working. I really dont know much about computers so Im in a bit of a bind but any help would be awesome.

My brother thinks I may have to reformat and reinstall windows but I really dont want to resort to that.

HELP PLEASE!!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Go to start, run and type msconfig. Hit ok.

Click on the boot tab and make sure safe boot is NOT checked. If it is, uncheck, apply, and reboot.

Attached Files:

3. Chuck Floyd

Chuck Floyd Private E-2

that was one of the first things i tried. unfortunatley, it was already unchecked.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What got you into Safe Mode, in the first place?

In that top box, what does the boot loader line say?

5. Chuck Floyd

Chuck Floyd Private E-2

im not positive what it was. the only thing i can think of was the the automatic updates thing was trying to upgrade and my laptop shutdown while in the process.

the top says "we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. a recent hardware or software change might have caused this"

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No...in my screenshot...msconfig, what does THAT line say?

7. Chuck Floyd

Chuck Floyd Private E-2

sorry about that. it says:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds