stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by kmankramer, Aug 13, 2005.

1. kmankramer

kmankramer Private E-2

i went to install xp pro over home edition and found that i had to unistall service pack 2 to do this...i was in safe mode then after unistalling sp2, i proceeded to install xp pro in safe mode not thinking it would matter....now i got to a point in installation that is says to get out of safe and resart com. to continue...but i am stuck in safe mode and cant get out...ive tried setting defaults in bios but cant seem to get anything to work.... :rolleyes:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which method did you use to get into safe mode, if it was via msconfig then re-enter msconfig and under the general tab tick Normal Startup also check under Boot.ini that Safeboot is not checked.

3. kmankramer

kmankramer Private E-2

i cannot get into anything except for bios......it was late and i was frustrated, so i think i did go into msconfig and click boot in safe...but not a 100% sure....sorry

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

What happens if you reboot and hit F8 to bring up the Safe Boot menus, then pick Normal Boot?

Where does the boot sequence stop and whats on the screen?

IF you enter bios and change the first boot device to CDROM and then reboot to the XP CD does that boot to the CD?

5. kmankramer

kmankramer Private E-2

well, i tried that but it didnt work....then i noticed that the pc i was working on had a usb connection for the keyboard.....so it wasnt picking up that i was hitting f8...i switched to a regular keyboard and bam it brought up safe mode then i proceded to install....but i feel like an idiot...but thanks for the help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds