Stuck in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Goodier, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Goodier

Goodier Private E-2

Hi

We have a second hand laptop with XP and didn't realise they had put a password on what must be the initial administrator account. To sort out a pile of Spyware, I followed the instructions from the Spyware forum read me first and now I can't get into or out of Safe Mode.

Any advice or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

Welcome to Major Geeks! Do you have the XP-CD?

3. Goodier

Goodier Private E-2

Unfortuneately No - not happy about it but that's what happened.

Since I posted I managed to get in via my Son's account which displays on the screen (we gave him admin rights) and go back to normal mode. It may be that our login icon is off the bottom of the screen with the low resolution.

Do you know how I can take this other admin password off?

Thanks

4. DCO57

DCO57 Private E-2

You may have to reformat and reload Windows. I'm curious also if theres anyway to reset an admins password, but I don't believe so.
    DCO

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

This will work:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    Afterwards You will need to reinstall some MS updates, as some will be removed, everything else will be left intact.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds