stuck on crcdisk.sys

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leoleotheiii, Jan 24, 2008.

1. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

last night our whole neighborhood suddenly had this power fluctuation where phones were disconnected and lights were dimming and brighting up again, (i have no idea what happened or what caused for all i know its probably not even called a "power fluctuation") thinking this would lead to a power outage i quickly turned off my computer. i waited for about 10 mins and the power outage did not come so i figured it shud be safe to turn on my computer now, i pressed the power button and everything started normally.......unitll the vista loading screen where theres this green block moving across the rectangular outline, it did that normally for a few seconds and then it black screened for about 15 mins and then it loaded to windows. I tried to boot it into safemode and it was stuck on crcdisk.sys for about the same time. The machine was normal once i got into windows though, no unsual slow down whatsoever, I did disk check as well. I am worried that there might be a chance that my hdd my die on me any moment so please help me out :cry

running on vista ultimate 64bit
    Gigabyte 965p ds3 3.3 rev
    WD 1600JS hdd

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I don't think your HD is dying, but maybe the file system used by Vista got slightly 'disconnected', but you'd think chkdsk would have fixed that.... visit the WD web site, download and run their diagnostic tool from here http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n
    I believe your hard drive is a 2nd Gen. Serial ATA WD CaviarSE - 7200 RPM
    Good luck!

3. nur

nur Private E-2

I GOt Problem Can u help me plz

BuDdy i got the creative Zen mp3 player but its nt connecting wid ma pc
    nd whn i turn it on it shows recovery mode so wht should i do fo it ..
    plzzzzzz help thnx in advance wil be waiting fo yo reply..
    Peace-out

4. leoleotheiii

thanx dlb, i'll try that really appreaciate the help.

Welcome to mg nur, when u have a problem u shud create ur own post, as for ur problem we need more information, did it work before? did you just get the mp3 player? what OS are u using? Do you have the drivers correctly installed? Is the mp3 player 2nd hand? and u can try it on other ppls computer to see if it works if all methods fail.

PS oh and the for the love of god....plz dont talk gangster on the internet....imo it just doesnt work.....

5. leoleotheiii

hmmm, i scanned the hdd with diagnostic tool and everything seems all right....what does the crcdisk.sys do? maybe if i know the function i might be able to do something about it @@

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds