Studdering video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oldphil, May 19, 2011.

1. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

I have had an issue with studdering video, If I drag an applet across the screen it leaves a studdering trail. I just upgraded the video card and PSU, the problem still persists. I had on board video which was Ok but a little more never hurts, I put a Galaxy 9500GT in along with a Thermaltake 430 watt PSU. The video did improve quite a bit but the nagging glitch is still there, I have gone over all the video and memory settings in the bios to no avail. It is set to PCI express, the on board memory setting IMO should not have any affect it has me clue less any ideas appreciated.

Phil

2. Captianchaoz

Captianchaoz Private E-2

Could be software, try another Harddrive, and make sure a fresh install of windows is on it to rule out your hardware. OR.......I always keep a Hirens boot cd, and use mini xp to test out systems.

3. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Are you sure you're not just seeing ghosting that is an artifact of the monitor?

4. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

@ Abekl--That would mean a bad monitor right?

5. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

It could mean a bad monitor, but more likely just a monitor whose refresh rate is too slow to avoid ghosting when moving items about the screen.

6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you installed the latest drivers from nVidia for the 9500GT yet?

7. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Drivers won't make a difference when it comes to ghosting issues - if that's what is really going on.

8. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Hi yes to the latest driver off the Galaxy site.

I am running a Samsung 2233SWplus about a year old, I will swap the cable off my Sony flat screen to see if it has the same problem. If it does turn out to be ghosting is there any fix?

The refresh is set to 60hz fixed I don't think it can be changed.

Phil

9. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

No, only getting a new monitor with better specs.

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

Try the computer on your sony flat screen. If it does it there, then it is not a ghosting issue.

Out of curiosity, if you can bring up task manager, and click performance. Then while that is up, drag a window. Do you get cpu spikes?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds