Studio Plus Spec question...

Discussion in 'Software' started by opiate522, Oct 23, 2008.

1. opiate522

opiate522 Private E-2

Hi all,

I tried asking about this on the Pinnacle site but kept getting mixed answers.

I recently bought a new comp...specs are:

AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.1
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Vista x64 SP1

I was told it could run Pinnacle Studio Plus in order to edit AVCHD movies.The specs for Pinnacle Studio are...

Windows® XP SP2 (SP3), Windows Vista™ (SP1)
    Intel® Pentium® or AMD Athlon™ 1.8 GHz (2.4 GHz or higher recommended)
    Intel Pentium HT or AMD Athlon 2.4 GHz or 1.6 GHz Dual core required for Windows Vista
    Intel Core™2 Duo 2.4 GHz required for AVCHD* (2.66 GHz for AVCHD* 1920)
    1 GB system memory recommended
    2 GB required for AVCHD*, recommended for HD and/or Windows Vista
    128 MB required on Windows Vista (256 MB or higher recommended)
    256 MB required for HD and AVCHD*
    DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card
    DVD-ROM drive to install software

I have been having problems with the editing and burning AVCHD. The video is choppy and freezes..the audio is fine. I asked around about my processor speed being lower then the specs and have gotten mixed answers about whether that was the problem or not. Some say it's too low and others say even though it's 2.1, a Tri-Core should still be sufficient. Some people are telling me it sounds more like a compatibility problem with my Vid card. Others say upgrade my RAM to at least 6 GB.

I was wondering if a new card would do? I was gonna upgrade to an NVIDIA 512 DDR3.

Anybody know what the problem would be? Or know the best way to find out what I need to upgrade to get this working?

Thanks!

2. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

I run Pinnacle Studio Plus at work with only 2 GB and an OB video and sound chip with no problems only I can’t have any other programs running at the same time.
    I have a feeling it is the 64 bit that is the problem it may only be compatible with 32 bit

3. opiate522

opiate522 Private E-2

It runs fine when editing DV movies...but the AVCHD movies screw up. I'll try to run it in 32-bit. That never occurred to me since it's suppose to run in 64 bit.

I'm just wondering if my processor is sufficient.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds