Stuff Stops Working When Using Optical Speakers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ichinzen, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

So to put things into a little more detail, youtube videos don't play the media player doesn't play it seems anything that creates any kind of sound doesn't play. I haven't tried the games on my computer, but since nothing else seems to be producing a sound odds are that they won't be able to play any sound either. If I try disconnecting and re-pairing the bt speakers It'll probably lead to this ( http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/dpc_watchdog_violation.296936/ ) since that's what happened last time. Last time though I didn't notice that the video players/media players were refusing to play.

A thing to note though is that this is ONLY while I have the bt speakers set for the default. When I have my old speakers plugged in the video players.media players function normally. Switching back to my old non bt speakers will somehow bypass the problem but since I want to use my bt speakers there's really not much choice in the matter.

Restarting will fix the issue but only temporarily until it reoccurs again.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think we determined that those speakers were not to be used with a computer, based on looking through the manual.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/optical-speakers-not-detected.296810

The fact that they stop working after a brief period of time seems to reinforce this idea.

Sometimes the hardware you'd like to use just can't be used on the computer you want to use it with.

If it were me, I wouldn't waste more time with this. Hook up the wired speakers and enjoy the sound.

3. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I don't think that's the issue the thing is i don't regularly turn off the computer and it takes days of this before the sound stops working. I connect it through the bt device. If there is some sort of problem my guess is that it's because of the bt device and not hardware incompatibility The reason why my speakers weren't being detected was because the bt device wasn't on during the update windows had turned it off and so i tried a direct connection instead despite the hardware incompatiblity. When that didn't work I turned to major geeks. Thankfully I was able to determine that the reason for the problem was that again my computer upgrade to win 10 had turned off the bt for my computer without my knowledge. The whole topic was made simply to troubleshoot it. The optical speakers are no longer directly connected to my computer and the problem seems to be on my computer side yet again. So before you start with a tirade of this and that, just know that everything I said on that topic was right, it was computer side not anything else. The fact I had a bluescreen attempting to fix the issue seems to reinforce the idea. A dpc watchdog violation error no less which usually refers to drivers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds