Stupid Win 10 Lock/sign In Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by philadelphia, Mar 9, 2017.

1. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Just wondering if you good folks here at Major Geeks can help me do away with the dreaded Windows 10 Lock/Sign in screen? Kind of annoying to deal with every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode. When i upgraded to Windows 10 from 8 i immediately found a way to disable that feature. But being the pain in the ass that Microsoft is, the feature is back and i cant find a way to eliminate it. I tried the "Netplwiz" process and editing the windows registry with a "personalization" setting: NoLockScreen with a value of 1......to no avail. I've read that Microsoft found out about the registry hack and it no longer works....any suggestions is appreciated!

Here in Philly Yo

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If this is your personal computer, you could try the automatic log-in suggested in the second part of that link MaxTurner gave you. It's what I do (but, a little differently — I open an elevated Command Prompt [run as admin], type "control userpasswords2" [without the quotes] and hit enter then follow the same instructions for unchecking "Users must enter a password" [apply] and entering the password [twice]).

4. mdonah

That only applies to when the computer sleeps, not what happens when it comes out of sleep/hibernation.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Three Win 10 systems here and all come straight out of sleep without signing in by setting Never, as in the pic

Capture.PNG

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I don't see how that has any connection to this person's issue.
    Sleep functions only work when a system is 'idle' - it isn't 'idle' if a youtube video is playing ;)

7. mdonah

JonahWales was from a different thread. Earthling's right about the Require Sign-in setting. That will eliminate the Lock Screen. I've done the same on my two Win 10 laptops.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds