Stupid Windows Media Player 9 for XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tribulattifather, May 18, 2004.

1. Tribulattifather

Tribulattifather Private E-2

okay...ive tried using windows media player 9 with and with out the xpack, intervideo windvd4, nvdvd, lots of freeware, some of the software for my tv tuner card...and even the players that come with the dvds.....to no avail i cannot get a picture....only sound when i try to play a dvd on my computer.....i checked in the device manager and there arent any problems....so what the heck is going on......like FAT TECH's avatar, i want to smash my head into my computer screen.....i know that i have a good computer.....i have a dvd\cd+\-rw drive, i have an nvidia geforce fx 5200 256mb graphics card...3.2 ghz hyperthreading processor......so with all of that and I can't even get a picture for a dvd? can anyone help me please....i mean i already feel ripped off by microsoft selling me the xpack by not having it even work.....

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. Tribulattifather

dvd decoders

i need a dvd decoder for windows media player 9 for XP, ive already tried xpack, intervideo, divx and ati decoders.....can someone help me...........

4. Tribulattifather

:eek: well that really didnt do anything.....thanx for trying though..what was it supposed to do.....well...im downloading windvd 5 platnum right now....ill see if that works...........and i found an mpeg-2 decoder im about to download.......ill keep an update weather or not this worked.......thanx

5. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

i guess your AGP card supports multi monitor? maybe it is set to playback the DVD on the other monitor?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Trib. Only one post is necessary for one issue. If the issue hasn't been resolved, just post a message in the same thread saying so. But be patient.. we can all get busy at times.

7. Tribulattifather

:eek: Sorry...well I figured out that my card was sending all the data to my tv through the svideo...go figure it was something stupid like that....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds