Style XP (themes not applying and unapplying on restart)

Discussion in 'Software' started by yusky03, Apr 20, 2006.

1. yusky03

yusky03 Private First Class

i have had style xp for quite some time and i love it but recently i have had some problems ever since i got kasperky internet securtiy 6.0 but i don't know if that is the problem... i have CoolXP4 skin for it and it has a bunch of colors with it when i try to apply the red theme it will apply the defult blue one (all other themes work that have other colors but CoolXP4)... i can get it to apply by applying it with StyleBuilder but no matter what skin i apply wether it be with StyleXP or StyleBuilder unapplys when i restart the computer and the skin that is applyed it the windows classic skin in the colors that is would be applyed to the previous skin i had on

please help

P.S.
    i have the latest version, no spyware, no ad-aware, no viruses

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Maybe the stlye/theme is itself corrupted if that is the only one not co-operating. See if the author knows about the issue & wether it has been updated. You might be able to add a comment at the site it was downloaded from.

3. yusky03

well the skin did work untill i finished editing it... but i only edited the pictures (no code) i will try to download it again and replace the original files over the modified pictures... but that still leaves the 'unapplying on restart' issue because it does that with all the skins/themes on my computer

thanks for the help Hipster Doofus

4. yusky03

yeah i was missing a file "CoolXP 4 red.theme" once i put the file were it should be everything works great:D

i didn't think it would be such a small problem... i was thinking it was going to be something more complicated:eek: ... o well at least it is fixed;)

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds