Subject in email link

Discussion in 'Software' started by howie, Oct 23, 2003.

1. howie

howie Private E-2

I am using the same email addy as a contact throughout a site for different things
    general enquiries, tech assistance membership questions etc
    how do i fill in the subject line so I know what page the email came from

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

<a href="mailto:howie@hisdomain.com?subject=thisismysubject">Click me for free teen xxx</a>

;)

note that bots love to scrape sites with email addresses and you may start recieving spam from it.

3. howie

howie Private E-2

Thanx Kodo, The site has been up about a year protected with a thing called html protector which is supposed to block bots amongst other things and I still get about 20 30 spams per day I use mailwasher and bounce them but they still keep comming
    Thanx for the info
    H

4. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Because bouncing the message is pointless, most spammers just scan for open relays and never log-in again, they usually go through several proxies too because they usually DoS the connection for minutes/hour so even if they did bounce, all you've done is made a [very stupid] admin's life harder.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds