successful download from major geeks

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheena, Jul 12, 2009.

1. sheena

sheena Corporal

Well, I finally downloaded the antivirus program I posted about yesterday. Majorgeeks did it for me inspite of my slow dial up. Thanks, Guys.
    The program itself seems to have some problems, and windows security keeps saying what it said before , that the program was out of date, even though I'd just downloaded it, so we shall see.
    Sheena

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello sheena, I know you just downloaded it yesterday, but have you updated it? It may just need to update its files, and if it is saying it is out-of-date, that may be all you need to do, is click update, and let it do it's thing...

i installed mine by a CD, and oh yes, it had to update too! I think that is just par for the course, with an AV.. It does need current files and spam stuff...

Good Luck, and do keep us posted... ;)

3. lohmeier

lohmeier Private E-2

I don't know if I'm in the right section - just found this site yesterday, so feel a tad lost.
    Like many others, I can't get Word Spell Check to check spelling. It catches punctuation and grammar, but not spelling. I have tried every correction I've found here - nothing has worked. Can someone out there with a great memory put ALL the methods in one place, so lost souls like me can hopefully find one that works. I mean.....I nearly came to tears when I had to get my dictionary out! Thanks

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Oh, no, a lost sole, well, how about trying this link,
    http://majorgeeks.com/compatibility13346.html
    That will be a stand alone Spell Check for OE. Should work for your Word also. Do keep us posted, will you ? ;)

Also, here is a link to the downloads, if you would like to see them all in one place:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20
    Now, you shouldn't feel so lost, for now you have been found ;)

5. lohmeier

lohmeier Private E-2

Hi TC,

Okay, now i'm really showing my ignorance, but I think among this group, no one (hopefully) will laugh. When I click on the sites you gave me to fix the Word spell check, I'm taken to the Majorgeeks page where there are several messages about downloading to repair and clean up your computer, etc. BUT precisely WHERE do I click once I'm on that page? I see the discussion about fixing Spell Check, but I don't see the actual instructions. As far as the sites I've seen so far, I've tried them all, but none work.

Could I be one of those folks with a spell check that can't be fixed? And, by the way, why isn't Microsoft doing something about this, like giving a new CD with the thing corrected? Here's another thought, what if I just find or buy a spell check program and put it on my computers and to he.....l with Spell Check. Would that work? Thank you for your patience!

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, why don't we give this one a try then... I may have clicked the wrong one, I apologize! :-o When you click onto this one, http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952 it will load, and then click under the word DOWNLOADS: " MajorGeeks - |USA|" to download . If you live in Austrailia, you will click the Australian version... I think this will do you more good tho...

the second link is a good one, of all the downloads that you can choose from.. Let me know how this one goes..I thin you will be satisfied with it, it isn't big, only 596 kb. Are you on a dial-up network or are you on hi-speed? it won't take long to download... ;) While you download, I'll see if I can find anything else that will work for you...;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds