Sudden Wave of Chrome Plug-in Crashes

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Feb 9, 2011.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Somewhat out of the blue (to me) I am experiencing "a bunch" of "Shockwave Flash" plug-in crashes, in Google Chrome (OH, in addition to some sudden "Script Error"/"Unresponsive" messages).

The ONLY thing I can think of that could have possibly contributed to this is going into Task Mgr and killing Thunderbird (which was suggested here to me to do, as I've been having "issues" with that program).

Anyone know of any reasons why this may be occurring, suddenly - better yet, THE FIX, please?

Thanks in advance,
    g...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Glenn

I've just been looking at another thread on Google Chrome and wanted to test a few things out myself, and noticed that Chrome is listed as Final HERE (likely out of beta, I have not been following Chrome developement as much as I've been dealing with Mozilla MineField and IE9)

But if you have the new version then re-install those plugins again if possible or re-install Chrome.

EDIT: the Shockwave one is HERE I have just installed the lastes Chrome in a brand new Windows 7 install with no Flash or Shockwave and it seems to work ok.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Wow! Hi David ... excellent - thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds