Suggestion For "majorgeeks.com Software Updates" Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by whiggs, Sep 16, 2016.

1. whiggs

whiggs Private E-2

First let me start by saying that, along with Microsoft's Free script repository, MajorGeeks.com is the site I probably spend the most time browsing and has informed me of some of the best software I have ever used. Having said that, I recently downloaded and am starting to use "software updates and news" software for MajorGeeks, and thought I would offer up a feature that I think the software more...convenient. The only real benefit of using the actual website vs the application is that the application doesn't inform the user if the software is freeware or shareware at first glance like the website does, forcing the user to open the content in a web browser in order to obtain that information anyway. If this could be included in the application as well, I believe it would make it infinitely better. Either way, love this site guys.

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's not 'just' the freeware/Adware/shareware difference, the product pages also have info of OS and other requirements (like .NET version), ratings and more - sometimes HowTo videos and/or screenshots and walkthroughs.

Bottom line: there's added value for the User on the product pages (and also links on how to contact Admin, if the download doesn't work).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds