Suggestions/Opinion on new Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rman0099, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rman0099

rman0099 Private E-2

I know there are tons of these threads about this kind of stuff but you guys are the best here. Ok, enough buttering and onto the actual topic ^_^

I am planning to build a new computer with a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz and 2x nVidia 8800's but I need an opion on the case and mother-board. I found a Xaser III available but I am not sure if this case (being a few yrs older) would provide the room i need. Would this case be a decent case or would another be a better option. Note: I am looking for AMPLE airflow and room for at least 3 HDs.

I am also lookin for a good SLI motherboard. I would go with an EVGA 780i but it is $250 (even more than my processor). Originally I looked at some 680i's and Asus boards but reviews showed the 680's to have issues and the asus heat piping to be extremely hot. Does anyone know a good motherboard around $100-150 (maybe $175 max)?

Thank you for any help you give.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

ive found that reviews for mobos arent perfect at that price range (100-150), with your expensive setup, i wouldn't skimp on the mobo, don't be afraid to check the $200+ mobos with very good ratings

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds