Sun Java wont install

Discussion in 'Software' started by emartin1984, Mar 29, 2005.

1. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

i uninstalled Microsoft Java Virtual Machine the exact way from this post-DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS: How to: Spyware, Trojan And Virus Removal
    and now i am tryign to install it from the website,i tryed to install everyway i can. Now im at the part where i did it offline install and it saved the setup launcher to my desktop,Now everytime i open it the installshield wizard comes up and when its configureing windows installer it just closes down and nothign happens.
    if you need more info or anything let me know thanks for the help

2. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

Check in Add/Remove programs and see if it is installed. If it is, go to a page that you know uses java applets and see if they work, if they do, just delete or ignore the desktop icon and you are all set. If they do not work, or it is not installed, post back!

3. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

thanks for the fast reply btu still need help
    when i go to add/remove programs there isnt nothing about it at all
    the installer starts but shuts down fast

4. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

What OS are you running?

5. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

windows xp

6. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

Wht version of java are you trying to load.

7. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

jre-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p.exe
    does that help?

8. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

OK go to Tools/Internet options/Advanced/Microsoft Vm/What do you have showing there

9. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

its not there i did this to get rid of it ->

1: Select Start > Run and Enter "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall" in the Open box, and click ok.
    2: Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the Microsoft VM
    3: When prompted, reboot the computer
    4: Remove the following items: (Systemroot is where windows is installed (usually C:\Windows)
    The \%Systemroot%\Java folder
    The file java.PNF from the \%Systemroot%\inf folder
    The files jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%Systemroot%\system32 folder
    The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Java VM
    The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ InternetExplorer \ AdvancedOptions \ JAVA_VM

10. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

11. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

okay when i tryed that setup it says...
    Microsoft VM
    This setup will only upgrade over an existing version of the Microsoft VM

12. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

13. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

okay i got the thing installed now the update too thanks. But im wondering now why i uninstalled it? why does that article tell me to get the sun java one from the java website and do u have any idea why thats the only download i have runito that installshield closes on before installing.it just pulls up and acts like its about to go to install wizard the disapears. any ideas?

14. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

Well good to hear it worked out.As far as the site you mentioned,post the site here and we'll chk it out.

15. emartin1984

emartin1984 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds