Super Antispyware and broadband

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Guys,

I didn't get an answer in the malware forum so here goes again, it seems that everytime I run Super Antispyware it knocks out my broadband connection, however my broadband supplier (Toucan) says it has nothing to do with any software, its to do with the line, this has happened three times so far and each time I've had to wait a couple of days for Toucan to re-instate it, it just cannot be a coincidence, although it happens every single time I run Anti spyware, just before I decided to write to you, I ran Super Antispyware and once again my system started to break the connection saying there was no dial tone, each time this happens the ADSL light starts to flash and I cannot connect, it seems to be steady at the moment though for how long I do not know, Toucan might be monitoring the system and re-instating it as this is happening, is it possible for this programme to break the connection or cause some problem to prevent a dial tone, Anti spy seems to just be quarantining cookies, I cannot see how they would affect my system, the internet also seems to be slowing down when changing between pages, if someone can help I would appreciate it, I am running updated CC, Spyware blaster, Adaware, AVG, etc, thankyou.

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

It is unlikely that a program could pyhsically effect the telephone line. Have you tried replicating the issue while you speak to them ?

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Matt,

Thanks for the reply, I understand, however somehow there is an effect when I start using Super Anti, I just do not know why, as for replicating this, I have spoken to them unfortunately its a premium rate line and they do not want to know about software affecting broadband they are adamant its a line problem, there second team in London have not gotten back to me as I do not pay them, they only get involved when the India team cannot resolve the matter, so I seem to be out on a limb, however if this keeps up I will change my provider, just seems strange, could there be anyway for the software or maybe some malware to interupt the signal?, so far managing to stay on line keeping my fingers crossed, if you reply and do not hear from me, its because I've had to go away for three days starting this afternoon, thanks for th help.

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Well its possible for any program to interfere with a network connection because THAT resides on the computer but I still very much doubt it would be able to have any effect on the phone line. Its possible that there is some specific traffic that the program sends which causes them to reset the adsl line but again I think this is unlikely. I've not heard of the ISP but do they have a forum?, have you googled for other people having an issue with them ?

5. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Matt,

I think Toucan are an Aussie company that have taken off in a big way here in the UK, not tried their forum as yet, mainly because I've not been able to connect to the web until now, will try it, as for Googling not tried that either, will do a search through Google, thankyou.

6. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Its more thank likely their side, a lot of companies have been upgrading recently so a lot of isps have been having connection issues.

7. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Matt,

Thanks a lot, could well be that, they haven't mentioned it though but good chance that is what might be happening, thanks once again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds