Super Mario 64 ROM

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lost2TheMax, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Lost2TheMax

Lost2TheMax Private E-2

I downloaded an N64 emulator the other day and also downloaded Super Mario 64. Is it possible to play this game without an adaptor for an N64 controller? I played the first level but when I get to the boss on the top of the mountain and I have to "spin him around" and throw him off the mountain, I dont think I can do that without a joystick.

SO I was just wondering if there was any way around this, or if I am going to have to go out and purchase an adaptor and a controller :p

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Um... this looks really borderline, by the sticky in this sub-forum...

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, the rules with ROMS last I knew legally was that if you own the game, having the rom is legit. This makes his post fine.

4. Lost2TheMax

Lost2TheMax Private E-2

Oh, sorry. I do own the game though, but I accidentally sold the hookup to the back of my N64 when I sold my PS2 so unfortunately my actual N64 doesnt work.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

My bad. :-o Sorry Lost, my mistake.

For the game question then: Depending on your emulator you can map key combinations (a.k.a "macros") to a single key on your keyboard. So in Steretfighter you just have to tap hit "H" to get a Hadoken, and won't have to sprain your fingers in the process. Can you do something similar with the spin move? Map it to a key and do it that way?

Edit:
    If you have a 360 you can use that controller on a Windows PC, you just need a driver and a plug adapter.

6. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

There's not really any mapping that can be done since he's grabbing him by the back, and rotating him then throwing. The problem is that it's a different direction every time. You have to have a joystick, but just about any controller with a joystick will work.

The legality is a very tricky issue, but doesn't apply here because we're talking about the Emulator and joysticks, which are both perfectly legal.

7. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

8. PsYcHoSiD77

PsYcHoSiD77 Private E-2

I use an Xbox 360 controller when I am playing my N64 emulator and it works great, the mapping of the controls takes a little getting used to because of the differences between the N64 and Xbox360, but once you get them down it's great.

9. Lost2TheMax

Lost2TheMax Private E-2

Thanks everybody.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds