Super- Video Converter Help .mov to .avi

Discussion in 'Software' started by onerom, Sep 21, 2010.

1. onerom

onerom Private E-2

Alright i've tried about 3 different converters and same crap keeps happening. Audio plays normal but the video speeds up. Im just trying to convert movie files my kodak digital camera makes (.mov) to be compatible with windows movie maker (.avi, .wmv, .mpeg ). Last converter i've downloaded is "Super" looks like a capable enough program but I did the first test run to convert it to avi but it kept the mov file type after it converted and it made it widescreen and everything but the movie maker program wouldnt' take it. Any advice?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

State what programs you tried so people trying to help don't waste time pointing you to programs that you already tested.

3. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Please confirm that SUPER is the one provided at the download link at the bottom of this page:

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

If in fact that's the encoder you're talking about... you MUST choose the correct aspect (default is 16:9, which is widescreen). Default aspect ratio for "regular TV screen" is 4:3 (1:1 is a complete square). If 4:3 doesn't render the correct aspect, you may have to try a few different aspect ratios before you get it right.

If you right click the .mov file, and select Properties, then Details, it should list the aspect ratio, framerate, bitrate, etc. and you can use those settings in SUPER to provide the correct parameters to encode your video.

Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  4. onerom

onerom Private E-2

Well the programs used so far are: Any Video Converter, Fast Video Converter, and Media Coder. For Media Coder i didnt know what the heck I was doing so that may have worked..

5. onerom

onerom Private E-2

Mcmsc: I downloaded Super from the links Major Geeks provided. Not completely sure if thats the one but it is from erightsoft. I'll give what you said a try though.

6. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

I forgot SUPER is hosted on MG as well, but as it's erightsoft, then it's the same program.

Let me know if it works!

7. clogman

clogman Private E-2

Google and download cam2avi (freeware).
    It's designed specifically for handling MOV files from home camcorders and digital cameras with movie function. I've used it on Ricoh and Fuji machines before now and it worked fine.
    Also, it depends what format AVI you are saving the file as - aim for something like xvid or MPEG4 codec V2.
    If you are having problems with movie maker, check that you have the right codecs installed, or grab the K-Lite codec pack (Google)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds