SUPERAntiSpyware 5 Official Release!

Discussion in 'Software' started by SUPERAntiSpy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Private E-2

We are excited to announce the official release of SUPERAntiSpyware 5! This release represents our most significant update in 2 years and we want to thank everyone who helped test along the way.

What’s New in SUPERAntiSpyware 5?
    SUPERAntiSpyware 5 provides users with a new and improved user interface, improved and much faster scanning engine, updated and enhanced Real-Time Protection, integration with Windows Task Scheduler, the addition of the Rescue Scan option, and other improvements aimed at providing enhanced usability and effectiveness.

How Can I Get SUPERAntiSpyware 5?

Hosted at Major Geeks: http://majorgeeks.com/SUPERAntiSpyware_d5116.html

Update from an Older Version
    You can update using the in-product updater beginning in the AM Pacific Time Wednesday August 3rd. If you have SAS installed and don’t want to wait until the 3rd, you can download it from download.com on August 2nd and it will install right over-the-top of previous versions.

Clean Install
    You can download SUPERAntiSpyware 5 from our site - http://www.superantispyware.com/

Thanks again to all the SUPERAntiSpyware fans! We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to make SUPERAntiSpyware the best product for you, our users!

@Moderators - if this is the wrong posting area - please move to correct location!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. oma

oma MajorGeek

SUPERAntispyware version 5.0 Release

Wait for the 5.0 release as it has not been offered yet. I was too impatient to wait, clicked on the download and was referred to CNet for download. I downloaded it anyways (clean install) and wait: I got the same old version 4. :-D I'll wait until it shows up on MG. http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/4970-superantispyware-50-released/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Re: SUPERAntispyware version 5.0 Release

Bwahahaha! The PR mouth spoke before the brain started functioning. I'd guess that they were 'really excited' then.roflmao

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

Just downloaded SAS free from MG and did a clean install. New GUI and major improvement in speed of (quick) scanning. So far so good and am really impressed. :major

PS: I have no idea why there is a first post because I created a new thread. Could there have been another thread created which was merged with mine?

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

Yeah I read earlier today. Your thread then down below was what is in the original post down below. So I am sure they just merged them

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

7. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Looks good, Rescue Scan option looks intriguing although I wonder what all it is capable of. Can't wait to find out :)

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, the GUI is completely different, but it seems to have all the same features of the previous versions, just laid out a bit differently.

Yeah - I searched the forums and FAQs at their web site and there's no mention of it, so I posted in their "General Questions" forum... hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-297307.html

Cheers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds