SUPERAntiSpyware Causing 100% System Memory Usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by LoneGreyWolf20, Aug 31, 2013.

1. LoneGreyWolf20

LoneGreyWolf20 Private First Class

I went to run a spyware scan using SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition this morning, and I walked away from my computer for a couple minutes. When I returned, my screen was black, but the computer was still running. So I shut the computer down using the power button. I rebooted and and when it was up, I restarted SAS. Walked away for a minute and when I came back, there was an error message from SAS saying something happened and do I want to send a report and shut it down.

Before I hit yes, I checked in task manager to see what was going on, because the AERO theme had reverted to Windows basic as well. When I looked at task manager I noticed that my physical memory was at 98%. I had nothing else running at the time.

So I closed SAS and uninstalled, used CCleaner to be sure that all traces of it was gone and then rebooted my computer, then re-installed it. Check to see if it would happen again, and it did. It literally starts using all my ram.

I have used this program many, many times before and never had an issue with it. I completed a Malwarebytes scan right before the SAS scan and it had no issues.

I have 8 GB of ram in my system, with only 11% of it being used when the computer is done booting up and I am sitting at the desktop. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Has anyone else had this problem with SAS recently?

I really do not want stop using it, but if I can't figure out the issue, I will have to find something else to use in conjunction with Malwarebytes Free Edition.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Disable scheduled scanning and real time updates see if the problem resolves itself.

It sounds like a memory leak if it happens all the times but I can't find any direct reference to a SAS memory leak on Google.

Try uninstalling completely and using the uninstaller assistant tool to remove any remnants, then reinstall the latest version.

http://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds