SUPERAntiSpyware installation infinite loop

Discussion in 'Software' started by thai_american_42, Aug 24, 2008.

1. thai_american_42

thai_american_42 Corporal

When I install SUPERAntiSpyware after downloading per the instructions at Windows XP Cleaning Procedure, the options presented in the application maintenance window are (i) Modify, (ii) Repair, (iii) Remove. I select Modify since that is the closest thing to install. These I select "complete" and then next, where "Updating system" comes up. Here's where things get strange.

About half way through the updating system process, a second application maintenance window opens with the options (i) Modify, (ii) Repair, (iii) Remove. The first updating system process ends quickly and ends with a finish option. I select finish, but that still leaves the second application maintenance window open.

If I select Modify in the second application maintenance window, the software reinstalls itself and opens a third application maintenance window offering (i) Modify, (ii) Repair, (iii) Remove. If I select Modify and run through the installation, a fourth application maintenance window opens, then a fifth, etc. There seems to be no end to this loop.

Why does a second application maintenance window open during the first installation process and how should I respond to the second application maintenance window? If I select cancel to cancel the second installation efforts, I get a message that SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition was interrupted before your new software was fully installed. However, I believe that the operations from the first application maintenance window resulted in installing the software.

How should I handle this SUPERAntiSpyware installation infinite loop issue? Thanks. :confused

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Private E-2

3. thai_american_42

thai_american_42 Corporal

OK, thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds