SuperMWindow Problem - Need help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aianrnoens, Oct 1, 2006.

1. aianrnoens

aianrnoens Private E-2

Hi.

Firefox and IEExplorer have been freezing and shutting down for no apperant reason. I looked into my startup list and there was no extra programs same in the services list. I then opened task manager and checked all the processes running there and they were all legit no problem. I did a full scan with the latest version of avg free caught some minor trojans but after removing these the problems were still there.

I then did a reboot and a program called "SuperMWindow" wouldnt close thus an end task window came up and asked me to close it. I canceled and windows refused to shut down.

so I restarted my computer. I then opened endtask pro and found "SuperMWindow"

It was located in the invisible windows. It was running as the process explorer.exe. I then showed the window and closed it. After checking firefox and iexplorer the problem is gone.

I searched on the internet and there is nothing for supermwindow. I dont know if this is a legit microsoft thing or a malware that has infected my explorer.exe file.

if anybody could give me a clue here it would be grateful. I regulerily run the scans located in the readme and keep my computer clean.

I run Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004

Thanks abunch
    Aaron.

2. aianrnoens

aianrnoens Private E-2

sry I posted in the wrong forum. I will repost in the malware forum

3. cwford

cwford Private E-2

Having EXACTLY the same problem. Would like to know what else you've found out about resolving it. I'm running a Win2K system and get hangs with IE and FF also msg about shutting down SuperMWindow. Yours is only post I've seen.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds