Surprise blobs of colors

Discussion in 'Software' started by BushidoDK, Oct 2, 2009.

1. BushidoDK

BushidoDK Private E-2

First of all sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask but i can't really figure this thing out.

when i start up my system all seems fine untill i have to choose user then the colors are all messed up i don't know what heppend because it happend over night, first i decided to just go with it (thinking it might just be a small glitch or something) but then i realized that it was indeed not my wallpaper is coverd in blobs of blue and purple colors. removed the graphics card (Winfast A350 XT TDH) and then it worked fine however then i can't play my games, tried re-installing the card but then the blobs appears again.. any help is very much appreaciated

ps sorry for the spelling.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, BushidoDK...

The blobs of color may be 'artifacts', which are most often caused by overclocking, but may appear when a graphics processor is deteriorating...

The fact that when you removed the Winfast and the problem corrected certainly leads one to suspect the graphics card...you might try downloading and installing a different driver, but it sure sounds as if a video board purchase is in your future...

Good luck!

3. BushidoDK

BushidoDK Private E-2

thank you, i think your right i re-installed the card but not the driver and there are no blobs to be seen. But where do i go to find a driver that works ?

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

5. BushidoDK

BushidoDK Private E-2

Thank you :) for some reason i've always used the drivers from the nvidia page :S

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds