Suspicious dll's

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deadriel, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Deadriel

Deadriel Private E-2

I've got two dll files that I can't get my finger on qltrems.dll & asayeganowetur.dll, both of which are on my msconfig startup and both of which are supposed to be in my C:\WINDOWS folder but are not... Goggle has no info on either of them or any other part of the web I've searched. Any help pls?

I've also been trying to install the newest version of Ubuntu and I'm getting this error about halfway through the install. Log files attached to this post.

Thanks in advance,
    Matthew

Attached Files:

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Please don't 'bump' - it belittles both us and you.

Have you tried preventing the files from starting up?
    If you can find the files, you might try renaming them, restart, and see if there are any ill effects - if not, you can probably delete them.

As far as the Ubuntu, I would think you would be better served posting the symptoms in the Linux forum

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Very likely you have malware infection as those dlls are not listed legit ones that can be found like many others on the www, with having random names it tends to link to malware and follow the below guide and advise.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds