svchost.exe - 99% CPU usage!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Swimace, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Swimace

Swimace Private E-2

Hi, my system runs perfectly and I went through the step by step spyware/addware removal process with one of the top guys on here. All went well.

2 weeks in and I am so happy with my setup, I don't really ever restart my PC all that often.

Today I shut down and rebooted and on bootup everything was VERY sluggish?

I Ctrl+Alt+Del to system process and one of the SVCHOST.exe tasks was using 99% of the CPU, sometimes dropping to 86% but you get the idea, totally raping my system resource.

I ended the task in system manager and then it took a while it refresh everything. Eventually it did.

When it was done it them made the system theme - just the task bar loose the theme color?! and reset the windows task bar to the standard look (grey and black) The windows were fine? I reloaded the colors by right clicking the desktop -> properties -> Appearance Tab then re select the color scheme I have and it was all back to normal.

I don't understand what this could be.

I have XP PRO - All latest updates

Zone Alarm - latest updates

NOD32

I think it may be something to do with Adobe's stupid system start up crap as I have Acrobat 8 Pro, but it seems to want LOADS of junk on system start up.

Once I've ended the svchost.exe and reset the theme all is perfect.

Help?

I am going to start turning off my PC at night soon as I have a PHP script I'm uploading to my web server so I don't have to leave this system on with Thunderbird auto replying to all my emails.

Peaceful nights again soon (can't wait)

So I want this sorted cause it's a pain to do every time I reboot.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds