svchost process....

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANHEDONIC, Apr 7, 2004.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

how many of these should be running? here's my system processes

[​IMG]

using windows XP

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. ANHEDONIC

ah yeah i wasn't really messing around with anything... i was just using the process list from www.answersthatwork.com and checking some of my running processes....

XP home btw

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Shame you are using Home. Pro lets you see what services are using svchost.exe.

Still, there is good advice in that thread if you haven't checked it out.

5. ANHEDONIC

okay... i didn't download a trojan detector or anything becuase i'm pretty sure my compuer is virus free... no problems with it whatsoever, runs smoothly and i'm using Norton AV with updated definitions, Sygate Firewall, all MS critical updates, etc etc...

i did do a search on my C drive for svchost.exe and all it found was 1 file in WINDOWS/system32

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sounds like you are just fine then :)

7. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Just to add i use a handy little proggy called Curr Process this tells you all the services etc using a task as far as im aware it works with Home but i havent got a XP Home machine to try it on

Anyway you can find it here just scroll down the page and its free
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/nirsoft1/

1 person likes this.
  8. David983es

David983es Private First Class

CurrProcess works fine in XP Home, you select a process and it lists all of the dll's that it is using including svchost, services and spoolsv.

Nice little program, 34k download.

1 person likes this.
  9. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Thanks for the info David
    Nice to know it works on home as well, as ive always found it to be a really good program :)

10. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Your welcome. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds