svchost - WMI - CPU Maxed

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjgator8104, Aug 3, 2008.

1. mjgator8104

mjgator8104 Private E-2

I appear to be experiencing the memory leak problem with WMI. CPU maxes out for about 5 seconds every 30 to 35 seconds. I've run the MS hotfix, was already running XP-SP2, and have upgraded to SP3. I also completed all steps from the information on the malware forum and further obtained suggestions that unfortunately didn't help. They suggested I come here since it doesn't appear that I have any virus or malware problems. The thread for that is here.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=165632

It appears I have some conflict between something else on my system and WMI and it appears to be similar to or is, the memory leak issue reported, but I can't fix it.

More details, and most of what I've done is on the thread in the malware forum.

If anyone can help or has suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds