swapping cpus????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by earlwhite05, May 29, 2009.

1. earlwhite05

earlwhite05 Private First Class

hey guys i have a dell latitude c600 and it has a pentium 3 851mhz, and i also have a intel celeron m cpu 520 @ 1.60 ghz. they are both the same socket size, (oh sorry this is on a laptop running windows xp home sp3) do you think i can pull a swap out and every thing work fine???? ive done this type of thing on desktop pcs but laptops are way more finiky to mess with, i think it will work but im just looking for some opinions. the lap top has had a bios flash i did all that and all drivers are up to date. so what do you think?:confused

2. lebofly

lebofly Private E-2

Well i have swapped RAM on a laptop and im not sure about CPU maybe you need to send it to a Computer tech or laptop tech :)

3. earlwhite05

earlwhite05 Private First Class

i am a "teck". even tecks have some trouble sometimes.i build and sell computers for a living and i have a laptop and my wife has one too......but i havent had much time under the hood of a lap top,ive done the general mem upgrades,hard drives,wirelesscards,and software but not once in my 8 years doing this have i tried a prosesser swap on a lap top,they work great on desk top pcs.but thanks for the reply.:wave

4. lebofly

lebofly Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds