Switching gmail accounts

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

since I got married recently, I now have a new last name. In the process of switching everything over, I have switched from my old gmail account, firstname.maidenname@gmail.com to a new one, firstname.marriedname@gmail.com. I have of course set my old account to forward everything to my new one, and I will be notifying everyone in my contact list of the change... but I would like to import the contact list to my new account. I looked through Gmail's help section, but it was not as helpful as I'd hoped, so I am now hoping that someone here will be able to help me.

Anyone...?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

When in Gmail click SHOW ALL at bottom right of Contacts list, you will be shown all your contacts, then in top right corner you will see Export, click that and choose Google Mail CSV > Export.

Open your new Gmail up and click SHOW ALL under Contacts and click Import this time and Browse for the location you saved the google-mail.CSV and click Import Contacts.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

That worked great. Thanks! :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Your Welcome :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds