Sygate blocks Yahoo mail attachments

Discussion in 'Software' started by FlowerGardener, Jun 26, 2008.

1. FlowerGardener

FlowerGardener Private E-2

I have determined that Sygate will prevent attaching files to Yahoo email. If I select the option, Allow All, in Sygate I can make the attachment. If I set Sygate back to Normal, then any attempt to attach a file hangs the PC for a long while until something times out and pops up the Windows alert that the web site cannot be accessed.

The Sygate logs indicate that it is blocking some incoming and outgoing IP addresses but adding these to the Sygate list doesn't have any affect. I suspect that ads on the Yahoo web site are the cause of this problem but I don't know how to prove or disprove it.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Sygate is no longer supported or in dev. Switch to another like Comodo Firewall which is one of the top.

You can try resetting Sygate to default if there's such option. Perhaps, your settings or rules are too strong.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds