Sympatico high speed disappears after 7 pm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zonehenge, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Zonehenge

Zonehenge Private E-2

Hey guys,

Maybe you can help - I researched your board for sympatico problems but didn't find anything similar to mine. I received my new Dell inspiron 600m laptop three days ago - included was a three month trial sympatico high speed internet package - set it up with a tech and it works speedily during the day, but around 7 - 8 pm every night since I've had it (Friday, July 23) it cuts out and doesn't return until the next day - I swear they cut back the juice at night, because I can't even get a page to open let alone surf! I've restarted, disconnected, reconnected, filtered all the phones, etc. - I'm using AC not the battery - just curious if anyone else has had this problem with sympatico's service.

Right now I'm using the other dialup service, that I haven't given up yet, to connect and send this post, which seems ludicrous on this high powered machine! BTW, I've had the dialup on during the day occasionally when the high speed is running and there is no interference.

Anyway, just curious about this - Thanks for any suggestions

Zone

2. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Just an idea,,due to the fact its three month trial they may cut bandwith at night,,not really a way to get customers LOL , or it just may be that they have peek amount of users and bandwith drops....anyway I would call and speak to a teck,,,and ask whats going on,,,Hope this is helpfull,,,Glenn :)

3. Zonehenge

Zonehenge Private E-2

Thanks for your reply Glenn - I did contact Bell and spoke with a few techs - apparently there was weakness? in the line and they 'modified' it - in any event, right now it's 8:42 pm and I'm online, lol, sooooo hopefully it will
    hold up!

I have to admit, I'm still wondering why the net would go down at the same time every night for 12 hours then reappear the next morning - it's like it's on some kind of timer - weird stuff. Whatever it is/was - I'm lovin this new comp - I do a lot of graphics and it's built for smooth display...BTW guys, I usually do more reading on this board than asking questions, but it's great to know you guys are there...again, thanks for your help.

Zone

4. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Anytime!!! Glad to help...Glenn :) :) :) :) and to hear that you are online and its not a dial up LOL :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds