Synaptics (IBM Ultranav) driver problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aphrophyre, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Aphrophyre

Aphrophyre Private E-2

I currently created a new user account in XP in order to circumvent a couple of problems i was having with my touchpad/trackstick combo on my laptop. I removed some dead reg keys with RegCleaner before deleting the old user account. Now with the new account my Touchpad isnt acting right...it doesnt even have the proper driver installed.
    I have tried to reinstall the driver but i get an Access Denied error...and its still listed in the Add/Remove programs list. Any attempts says itll remove when i restart, but it doesnt.
    So i cant Install/Uninstall the driver, and its not working properly, what am I supposed to do?

Attached Files:

2. Aphrophyre

Aphrophyre Private E-2

This is the error it shows me from the installer.

Also I should add that i have administrator rights on the computer with this user account.

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

dunno how I missed this thread and I know is a month old but I did have issues with my Synaptics Touchpad Driver after using the Norton removal tool, which gave me the similar error,

Below is what I got from support on a possible fix ( if the IBM driver is slightly different to the original Synaptics driver then substitute the IBM one )
    I know that the original poster may have fixed their problem but thought as I had a route to fix this that it may come in handy for anyone searching the forum :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds